Affirmation of the Week
Get rich quick.
Count your blessings.
Weekly Wellness Radio Show
The Turn On your Inner Light Radio Show airs Tuesday evenings 7:00 to 7:30pm, on WGBB 1240AM in Long Island.
Jan 20, 2009 Show - Peter Cole, financial consultant / social worker and Daisy Reese, social worker, dynamic husband and wife team, authors of True Self, True Wealth. Learn about the psychological factors involved in good financial decision making.
Jan 13, 2009 Show - Our guest expert: Sheila Singleton, a social worker, project director for a caregiver's program and author of Watchful Eyes: A Caregiverís Companion. If you are responsible for a mentally ill family member, here are a few tips to save your sanity. www.passionateCG.com
Click archives for directory of past shows.
Health Tips of the Week
- Experiencing serious trauma during childhood may increase a person's risk for developing chronic fatigue syndrome later in life, according to Emory University.
- A new study finds that a decrease in vision function is a key factor in causing older drivers to stop driving.
- Bacteria in the amniotic fluid could be responsible for pre-term births.
- Too much small-screen recreation could undermine physical fitness according to Australian researchers.
- Johns Hopkins reports what is believed to be the first direct evidence in lab animals that Viagra amplifies the effects of a heart-protective protein.
- Current research shows the worsening economy is causing many people to cut down on their prescription medications, postpone visits with their health-care providers and put off important routine health screenings and vaccinations. These actions may save money in the short run, but can prove to be disastrous in the long run.
- New research in an animal model suggests that a diet high in inorganic phosphates, which are found in a variety of processed foods including meats, cheeses, beverages, and bakery products, might speed growth of lung cancer tumors and may even contribute to the development of those tumors in individuals predisposed to the disease.
- The combination of estrogen plus progestin, which women stopped taking in droves following the news that it might increase their risk of breast cancer, might actually decrease their risk of colorectal cancer, according to a report published in the January issue of Cancer Epidemiology.
- Consumers are often told that if they break an item, they buy it. But a new study suggests that if they just touch an item for more than a few seconds, they may also end up buying it. A simple experiment with an inexpensive coffee mug revealed that in many cases, simply touching the coffee mug for a few seconds created an attachment that led people to pay more for the item.
Article of the Week
Yes, we can!
Yes, we can! But what exactly can we do? We all start out with great intention; however, it is the commitment which fades away. President Obama infuses us with new hope; he is a symbol of change. Are you secretly hoping he will inspire you with his gift of oratory to improve your life immediately? And if you wore a tee shirt during the election campaign with the word CHANGE, are you ready to commit to making the necessary changes in your daily life?
The motivating secret of happiness:
Happiness occurs when passion and purpose intersect. First, you have a creative drive; then it becomes your purpose, something you can commit to because it truly resonates for you. The next step is power. You need to power it up, the activation stage! This positions you on the path to self-actualization; you realize that you have a unique contribution to make, even when you face problems, losses and grief. You know you can do it. Creativity whether it is gardening, dancing, singing, cooking, decorating, sewing, running a business or writing, will compensate you for your losses. I call this Creative Compensation. When something destructive happens in your life, restore the balance with creativity.
If you are stuck in life, more
Recently Released Book
Addicted to Stress: A Woman's 7 Step Program to Reclaim Joy and Spontaneity in Life
My newly released book Addicted to Stress (Publisher: Jossey-Bass - An imprint of John Wiley), is available at bookstores everywhere and for order online
- Introduces and explains the habit forming pressure principle of stress addiction and how to cure it, creating awareness of what to do when a woman develops repetitive destructive behaviors.
- Provides step-by-step program for self-empowerment, self-care, healthy narcissism, and renewing humor in a woman's relationships.
- Explains the powerful, researched based relationship between food, exercise, and mood.
- Develops indispensable strategies for accepting constructive conflicts with a spouse, partner, friend or colleague to get what she wants.
- Shows how to jump start sexual intimacy.
- Teaches specific techniques for reducing and eliminating stress.
- Tells inspiring and humorous story of successful recovery from stress addiction.