Affirmation of the Week
You can be crushed
by an interesting juxtaposition.
Weekly Wellness Radio Show
The Turn On your Inner Light Radio Show airs Tuesday evenings 7:00 to 7:30pm, on WGBB 1240AM in Long Island.
Dec 08, 2009 Show - Megan McMorris is a freelance writer who has written for major magazines, has her own outdoors column which appears in the Oregonian and the editor of P.S. What I didn’t Say. If you have something you wish you could have said to a friend, read these touching letters.
Dec 01, 2009 Show - Frank Mikulka, my fitness consultant for my books and website, a former Marine, an elite trainer and martial artist, popular for his warrior classes for men and women. Learn how to avoid weight gain! Don’t wait for a New Year’s Resolution you won’t keep. Learn how to just do it.
Click archives for directory of past shows.
Health Tips of the Week
- According to a large global study there is a significant risk of infection for a patient in the Intensive Care Unit which increases the mortality rate by up to 60%.
- It seems like a no-brainer, and it is: Take the junk food out of school vending machines and cafeterias, and kids will eat less junk food, according to a new study.
- A small study of middle-aged women finds that “guilt-ridden dieters,” impulsive eaters and those too busy to focus on food are the most likely to show signs of obesity.
- When Americans begin routinely complaining about how they hate their government and don’t trust their leaders, it may be time to look warily at the homicide rate.
- Parents should wait to teach toddlers self-control. Psychologists suggest that it may be detrimental to the developing brain to push it toward maturity too soon.
- People can survive cardiac arrest if they receive only chest compressions during attempts to revive them. But they cannot survive without access to oxygen sometime during the resuscitation effort, research suggests.
- Lonely people tend to share their loneliness with others, and their feelings of isolation and despair rub off on friends, neighbors, spouses, and even acquaintances, researchers report in the December issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
Article of the Week
Clean Up Your Space to Clean Up Your Life
My dishwasher came to a grinding halt and so, I am washing the dishes. Don’t feel sorry for me. Washing the dishes reminds me of my connection to my mother, grandmother and great grandmother – their wisdom, laughter and stories. The warm soapy water cleans a plate, one at a time, to its outer edges and so, cleans out my chaotic or negative thoughts. I use this time as an opportunity to think of nothing special at all, simply reflecting on what’s in the sink – a cleansing meditation.
Next I became inspired to clean out other spaces in my home because of this small success. The results help me to realistically see, certain pivotal points in my life. I start to understand that most of us are so busy defending our mistakes, that we lack both the clarity and energy to correct them!
However, actively and personally participating in cleaning, like a ritual, transfers from the physical to the emotional/intellectual. If you are feeling messed up, have been trying to clear the air, or are ready to infuse your life with a brand new vigor, here are some symbols for the various cleaning counterparts: more
Addicted to Stress: A Woman's 7 Step Program to Reclaim Joy and Spontaneity in Life
My recently released book Addicted to Stress (Publisher: Jossey-Bass - An imprint of John Wiley).
- Introduces and explains the habit forming pressure principle of stress addiction and how to cure it, creating awareness of what to do when a woman develops repetitive destructive behaviors.
- Provides step-by-step program for self-empowerment, self-care, healthy narcissism, and renewing humor in a woman's relationships.
- Explains the powerful, researched based relationship between food, exercise, and mood.
- Develops indispensable strategies for accepting constructive conflicts with a spouse, partner, friend or colleague to get what she wants.
- Shows how to jump start sexual intimacy.
- Teaches specific techniques for reducing and eliminating stress.
- Tells inspiring and humorous story of successful recovery from stress addiction.