Valentine's Day Workshop
I will be teaching a special Valentine's Day workshop Counting on Yourself to be Loved at Pathways Women's Health in Manhasset, Long Island on February 14, 2008 at 7:30PM.
For detailed information and registration information please visit Pathways Women's Health Website or call (516) 365-2784 for a Brochure and Registration Form.
Affirmation of the Week
To be young at heart
takes old age.
Weekly Wellness Radio Show
The Turn On your Inner Light Radio Show airs Tuesday evenings 7:00 to 7:30pm, on WGBB 1240AM in Long Island.
Guest of the Week - Marc Allen
This week's show:
Feb 12, 2008 Show -Marc Allen, teacher, publisher of New World Library and author of The Greatest Secret of All. If you feel unfulfilled, find out what key ingredient is missing from your life.
Feb 05, 2008 Show - Mark Michaels and Patricia Johnson, husband and wife team, who teach tantra and yoga. Mark holds a law degree and Patricia is an operatic soprano, authors of The Essence of Tantric Sexuality. Let’s learn how sex is practiced in the East.
Click archives for directory of past shows.
Health Tips of the Week
- Children of women who undergo an extremely stressful event - such as the death of a close relative - during the first trimester of pregnancy appear more likely to develop schizophrenia according to JAMA.
- Folate deficiency is associated with a tripling in the risk of developing dementia among elderly people.
- From backyard gardening to mountain climbing, outdoor activities are on the wane as people around the world spend more leisure time online or in front of the tube, according to findings published this week in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Take a daytime nap, and you might wake up with a sharper memory.
- High cholesterol levels are not just found in adults. Children may have high cholesterol, too, even without being overweight. Over the years, cholesterol overload just like in adults, clogged arteries and injury to the heart, occur in children. Pediatricians recommend that children should have a complete cholesterol profile done if they have a family history of high cholesterol or early heart disease
- For some strange reason metabolic syndromes correlates with diet soda. Is there something in the diet soda or the behavior of its drinkers? Maybe we should just drink water.
- Psychological interventions for cancer patients do more than just ease emotional distress – they directly improve health, new research suggests from Ohio State University.
- As we grow older, our decision making ability is compromised, even if we are sharp and on top of our game.
- Are you a gadget addict? Yes it’s an official, clinical addiction: Those cell phones, lap tops and Blackberry phones.
Article of the Week
Why Fortune Cookies Are Good For You
The best part of a Chinese meal, aside from eating out or ordering in, is feeding on the Fortune cookie. We are all curious about the future. One of the biggest stressors in life is living in uncertainty or ambiguity. What do the stars have in store for you? Love, wealth, or good health? What are your lucky numbers? Many of you avidly read your daily horoscope or might even seek out a psychic to predict a change in your luck. Is there any real, measurable benefit to these predictions? Well, perhaps there is.
Seeking out inspiration means you are trying to change for the better, to find an optimistic interpretation – cheaper than a therapist. Luck is a state of mind. If you are feeling lucky, you will be lucky because you will actualize your wish. Do not underestimate the placebo effect. If you believe enough, you will achieve your goal as you are doggedly determined to actualize it. Your “prediction” serves as a catalyst for hard work. And you know the harder you work, the luckier you get. Many professional athletes carry a good luck charm, or wear a lucky shirt and will not compete without them.
Horoscopes and Fortune cookies work better than affirmations. more