Affirmation of the Week
Fantasies remind us of the past
and shape our future.
Weekly Wellness Radio Show
The Turn On your Inner Light Radio Show airs Tuesday evenings 7:00 to 7:30pm, on WGBB 1240AM in Long Island.
Guest of the Week - Tosca Reno
This week's show:
May 29, 2007 Show - Tosca Reno, covergirl and swimsuit model, Oxygen columnist and author of the Eat Clean Diet. Donít be at war with your food!
Last week's show:
May 22, 2007 Show - Howard Kaminsky author of Beyond Botox. What is your skinís real age? www.beyondbotox.com
Click archives for directory of past shows.
Health Tips of the Week
- Get more Vitamin D in your diet. Experts say that Vitamin D protects against several cancers. So expose some skin to the sun for about 15 minutes a few times a week to reap the rewards. Then slather on the sunscreen and wear protective clothing.
- Tai chi boosts the immune system combining exercise, relaxation and meditation all rolled up into one.
- Not only does exercise make most people feel better and perform physical tasks better, it now appears that exercise - specifically, resistance training - actually rejuvenates muscle tissue in healthy senior citizens.
- Diets high in salt may increase the virulence of the pathogen Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori), which is the most common cause of ulcers in the stomach and duodenum.
- The hotter the water, the better when it comes to killing dust mites and other allergens in the laundry,
- Growing research suggests that inhaling straight oxygen can actually harm the brain. For the first time, a new UCLA brain-imaging study reveals why. The findings challenge national guidelines for medical practice and recommend a new approach that adds carbon dioxide to the mix to preserve brain function in patients.
Article of the Week
Donít Let Stress Steal Your Heart Away
Love relationships are almost impossible to unravel because they consist of twists and turns of string entangled since early childhood by parents, friends, and teachers. So letís not bother to chew over the same old things and overanalyze them. We will only get frustrated while our intimate relationship continues to disintegrate. Instead, letís jump into present time and forget the psychobabble that we have married one of our parents, or even both! Accept responsibility and go green. Green isnít only about being energy conscious and protecting the environment. Green is about healthy relationships that grow together, not apart. Tend to your relationship like a gardener: Water, fertilize occasionally, provide some sun and repot when the roots expand and donít have enough soil. If your plant isnít doing well, move it to another window. Donít hover over your plant or you will kill it with too much attention. Most plants suffer from over-watering!
What does all this green talk mean to you? Simply stated because the reason is surprisingly simple, people fall out of love with one another because they are stressed and unhappy with themselves. They abandon themselves, wither inside, feel rootless and then wonder why their spouse seems distant, inattentive, unsupportive or even worse has found someone else who doesnít nag, vent, but instead doles out mega-doses of approval. wedlocked. You will have true love.more
Frank Mikulka's Fitness Tip Of The Week
Can I Shape Up for Summer in a Couple of Weeks?
I speak for the female species. Soon I have to put on a bathing suit and canít go to the beach in a trench coat. What can I do to quickly change things up?