Affirmation of the Week
Stretch your energy
to see how far
you can expand and grow.
Weekly Wellness Radio Show
The Turn On your Inner Light Radio Show airs Tuesday evenings 7:00 to 7:30pm, on WGBB 1240AM in Long Island.
Guest of the Week - Lisa Sarasohn
On June 27, 2006 - Our guest expert is Lisa Sarasohn, a yoga instructor, body work therapist and author of The Womanís Belly Book. In a culture obsessed by flat abs, let it all hang out!
Click to hear it now. Click archives for directory of past shows.
Health Tips of the Week
- It is now official: Sexually active women with different partners who use condoms consistently and correctly are protected from HPV infections which often lead to cervical cancer.
- An experimental anti-aging drug is being developed by Pfizer for seniors. Itís a form of growth hormone, GHS, which has been shown to improve strength, muscle mass and mobility in seniors.
- Tropical Polynesian Noni juice is a big seller, as far as supplements go, but the reality is that there is no reliable clinical research. Noni juice does contain a lot of potassium, which could cause problems if you have kidney dysfunction or take ACE inhibitors. There are reports of people who suffered liver damage after drinking the juice.
- Yale researchers claim that the stress of losing your job after age 50 makes you twice as likely as the rest of the population to suffer a heart attack or stroke.
- Smokers with a lot of wrinkles are more likely to have lung damage than those with smoother faces.
- The Manhattan's Mount Sinai School of Medicine reports that eating fewer calories may also help you avoid Alzheimer's disease.
- Eating a varied diet of vegetables every day keeps your arteries unclogged.
- From Columbia Medical Center: Seniors with colon cancer who do not complete their chemotherapy regimen significantly undermine their chance of survival. Taking the full course of treatment is necessary.
Most conflicts between men and women occur because women want to talk and explore the issue from all angles and men just want to fix it quickly. Once you understand that the idea of just talking can be a frightening experience for a man, the solution becomes simple: Blend your two styles. To insure that he doesnít feel cornered, talk to him while he is doing something else and donít make eye contact. Discussing issues while you work next to him gives him a sense that sharing his feelings will lead to a tangible solution. For example, both of you can be washing the car, cleaning up the yard, or painting some cabinets and relating whatís on your mind. Basically, both of you have crossed over to the other side to experience the gender difference. You are doing and he is talking!
Now that you have his attention, donít waste it with judgment. It is important to be affirming because a man desires a womanís approval more than anything, specifically, that he is a good provider and protector. Make him feel that he is indispensable. If you want openness in a relationship, you have to create a safe environment. Avoid criticizing him as soon as he says something you donít agree with.
On the other hand, try to be as literal as possible (men donít understand female metaphors)More
Frank Mikulka's Fitness Tip Of The Week
How to Maximize Your Workout
My schedule has become a little more hectic and it is chipping into my workout time. Can I have an effective workout in about 30 minutes? (Sandi from West Babylon). Answer