Affirmation of the Week
time to drop your rigid identity
and try on some new ones.
Weekly Wellness Radio Show
The Turn On your Inner Light Radio Show airs Tuesday evenings 7:00 to 7:30pm, on WGBB 1240AM in Long Island.
Featured Show - Bonnie Eaker Weil, PhD
July 15, 2008 Show - Bonnie Eaker Weil, PhD, a relationship therapist (Psychology Today called her one of America’s best therapists) and author of Financial Infidelity. Sex, love and money, see how it’s all connected.
July 08, 2008 Show - Karen Salmansohn, happiness expert, radio personality and author of The Bounce Back Book. Learn how to respond to adversity in an unconventional way.
Click archives for directory of past shows.
Health Tips of the Week
- Keeping a food diary may be a key to losing extra weight, a new weight loss study shows.
- The latest study opens up the possibility that in the future aspirin might not only be prescribed to ward off heart disease but also osteoporosis. Aspirin’s medicinal role works on two fronts. In mice, the drug appears to prevent both improper bone resorption and the death of bone-forming stem cells.
- Hands-free cell phones are not safer and may even be more dangerous than hand-held cell phones while driving.
- Farm-raised tilapia, one of the most highly consumed fish in America, has very low levels of beneficial omega-3 fatty acids and, perhaps worse, very high levels of omega-6 fatty acids. The combination could be potentially dangerous for some patients with heart disease, arthritis, asthma and other allergic and auto-immune diseases that are particularly vulnerable to an “exaggerated inflammatory response.
- Even though cigarette smoking accounts for up to half of all bladder cancer cases, few people are aware of the connection.
- One of the benefits of regular exercise for students includes a reduced tendency to become addicted to illegal drugs. A new study concluded that aerobic exercise reduces the rewarding effects of cocaine, and probably also has protective effects against cocaine abuse.
- From Baylor medical center here’s the truth about energy drinks.Don’t drink energy beverages while exercising. It can lead to severe dehydration. Don’t ever mix these drinks with alcohol for doing so will mask how intoxicated you really are and it can be extremely dehydrating. In addition to caffeine, most of these energy drinks contain very high amounts of sugar and sodium which can be dangerous for diabetics or those with high blood pressure.
Article of the Week
Sciatica – Whom Are You Angry At?
One too many squad thrusts and broad jumps in the gym and I felt an electric shock shoot down my spine, sciatica. An intense ache emanated from the middle of my butt as though I was given an intramuscular injection and then hurting at the hip, wrapping around the knee, down to the side of my calf and into my ankle.
I tried to make sense out of the pain; in other words, what was the universe trying to teach me spiritually. I felt contracted and stiff on my left side where my heart is lodged. What did this pain symbolize? All transformations involve some sort of pain.
Could I beat this pain? I decided to get along with it and get to know it better. There are seven chakras (energy centers) in the human body. The first chakra is located at the base of the spine, a grounding energy. The following is a list of the symbols associated with this chakra ranging from color to emotion: more