Affirmation of the Week
Push that door of opportunity
Weekly Wellness Radio Show
The Turn On your Inner Light Radio Show airs Tuesday evenings 7:00 to 7:30pm, on WGBB 1240AM in Long Island.
Guest of the Week - Lucy Jo Palladino, PhD
This week's show:
Aug 07, 2007 Show - Lucy Jo Palladino, PhD., a psychologist and author of Find Your Focus Zone. It’s time to listen attentively and concentrate!
Last week's show:
July 31, 2007 Show - Debbie Mandel explores social Darwinism and frazzled friendships.
Click archives for directory of past shows.
Health Tips of the Week
- Coffee and exercise create a synergy that heals sun-damaged skin preventing skin cancer. So after your early morning jog have a cup of coffee.
- Some people take aspirin without ever having a problem with their stomach. Others develop low-grade stomach pain or get an ulcer. A few develop gastrointestinal bleeding. But coated or buffered aspirin doesn't do much to help, according to the Harvard Heart Letter.
- A pesticide link to autism is suspected. Women who live near California farm fields sprayed with organochlorine pesticides had a higher rate of autism than the rest of the population.
- A Landmark discovery: Three new studies show that the IL7R gene, which affects the immune system, may affect a person's chances of developing multiple sclerosis. This could lead to a cure.
- Low vitamin D levels can lead to high blood pressure
- Men who are hostile and prone to frequent intense feelings of anger and depression could be harming their immune systems and putting themselves at risk for coronary heart disease as well.
Article of the Week
How to De-Stress While Traveling
I just returned from a whirlwind TV news station tour out West, five cities in five days. I virtually got on the plane and off the plane. Here are some of my experiences: I shared a green room with rattle snakes which were there for a segment on Arizona reptiles. One TV producer greeted me with, “What are you doing here today? You’re supposed to be on next week!” One sound guy had to be reminded to activate my microphone. However, I grew expansively on this trip, met some wonderful people and kept my energy levels up. This brings me to the heart of the matter. When you travel for business or pleasure and your schedule is hectic, don’t let yourself get depleted. Conserve your energy during your free time and reset your bio-rhythms.
Here’s what worked for me: more
Frank Mikulka's Fitness Tip Of The Week
How Can I Help My Obese Child?
Melanie from Huntington asks: My thirteen year old daughter fits the profile of the overweight child. She sits all day watching TV, surfs the net and of course, eats fatty, sugary foods. She hates vegetables. I am not just concerned about her appearance, but I am also concerned about her cholesterol levels and future health. Help!