Affirmation of the Week
One of the secrets about forgetting.
You forget that you forgot
Weekly Wellness Radio Show
The Turn On your Inner Light Radio Show airs Tuesday evenings 7:00 to 7:30pm, on WGBB 1240AM in Long Island.
Guest of the Week - Paul Hannam
On August 29, 2006 - Our guest expert is Paul Hannam, Oxford lecturer and coauthor of Take Charge of Your Mind. Wake up your mind and shine at work.
Click to hear it now. Click archives for directory of past shows.
Health Tips of the Week
- Free range chickens are not better for your health or lower in fat. You have to handle free range chickens with the same care and cook as thoroughly as regular chicken.
- Fresh cut fruit wonít lose nutrients if refrigerated.
- Avoid smoke from incense because it contains pollutants like benzene, toluene and formaldehyde, known carcinogens.
- All the books out there helping you to calculate your biological age are not scientific. There is no way to measure your biological age.
- Guess who is becoming obese at an alarming rate? The people in China because they have changed their traditional diet and are buying more cars.
- Ephedra weight loss supplements will be off the shelves again Ė according to the FDA. There is no such thing as a safe low dose of Ephedra especially for those suffering from high blood pressure and heart disease, Ephedra has been linked to heat stroke deaths in athletes.
Your child is about to begin life as a senior in high school. In my day senior year used to be fun; however, nowadays seventeen and eighteen-year olds face a year fraught with stress Ė both external and internal, particularly, that dreaded college application. In an adolescentís mind not getting into the college of his or her choice is equivalent to being handed a life sentence. Raging hormones and the not-fully-developed prefrontal cortex of the brain which is the center for making sound, responsible decisions create the emotional roll-coaster ride. Help take the pressure off. Get involved with the process of writing the college essay. Be patient and activate your sense of humor. Remember never to laugh out loud or smile too much.
When it comes to the SATís, practice makes perfect. But how does a teen, who feels uncomfortable about writing, tackle the college essay which must capture the distinguishing essence of his or her life experiences using proper grammar and good syntax? Most teens go to school, go to summer camp and do similar extra-curricular activities. ďHelp, Iím boring! I never did anything special! I donít know how to write!Ē And then the door slams.
Not to worry! Iím not going to tell your teen to exercise daily, breathe deeply, eat balanced meals, drink plenty of water and get some sleep. In my previous life I used to be an English professor and still am a college/graduate school admissions essay writing coach. Here are some strategies for writing that engaging college essay to tip the admissionís scale in your childís favor and restore some normalcy at home. An added benefit: Your teen will feel confident and even enjoy writing about his or her life experiences.More
Frank Mikulka's Fitness Tip Of The Week
Core Training Helps Prevent Metabolic Syndrome
Iíve been training for over a year now seriously and canít get my abs to look cut. Iíve come to the conclusion that I wonít, so is there any benefit to training my abs? (I give up) Answer