Affirmation of the Week
When you see a good man, emulate him.
When you see a bad man, examine your heart
– ancient Chinese proverb.
Weekly Wellness Radio Show
The Turn On your Inner Light Radio Show airs Tuesday evenings 7:00 to 7:30pm, on WGBB 1240AM in Long Island.
Guest of the Week - Karen Jones
This week's show:
Oct 09, 2007 Show - Karen Jones is a creative strategist and author of The Difference a Day Makes. Start reaping the personal stress-management benefits of volunteering. (www.benevolentplanet.com)
Oct 02, 2007 Show - Dan Collins, PhD, a Philadelphia-based Psychologist and author of The Trauma Zone. Don’t get caught up in a pity party.
Click archives for directory of past shows.
Health Tips of the Week
- The antibiotic minocycline may reduce stroke damage in some stroke patients. This is especially helpful to patients who arrive at the hospital within six to 24 hours of their stroke – missing that 3 hour window of opportunity for clot busting drugs.
- Individuals who are more conscientious—in other words, those with a tendency to be self-disciplined, scrupulous and purposeful—appear less likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease according to JAMA.
- Dietary calcium could prevent the spread of breast cancer to the bones. A strong skeleton is less likely to be penetrated by metastasizing cancer cells, so a fortified glass of milk might be the way to block cancer’s spread.
- Daily television viewing for 2 or more hours in early childhood can lead to behavioral problems and poor social skills.
- To lower the risk of breast cancer, it’s not the food you eat, but the calories. Don’t forget to lower your alcohol intake.
- A new study confirms that exercise helps relieve major depression.
- New guidelines suggest that babies as young as 15 months be screened for cholesterol.
Article of the Week
How Understanding Your Guy’s TV Choices Fine Tunes Your Relationship
To optimize your love relationship whether you are dating or have been married for years, you need some beneath–the-surface clues to decode his personality to communicate more effectively and get the best results. Saying it clearly is only part of the process. Fine tuning your words regarding how they will be received by him will seal the deal. This means instead of being self-centered, you are emotionally attuned to him and can decode the way he frames his perspectives. When you understand his thought process, you can convey what you want in the way that he can grasp. Have you ever noticed how dumbfounded he looks when you speak to him?
This male numbness and dumbness is not due to his dismissing your needs, but all he hears is blah, blah, blah. You are speaking a foreign language to him! But how can you trespass into the testosterone-driven psyche to get a peek at the inner workings of his mind when he doesn’t emote to you? Try this subtle, but effective method: In order to tune into him you need to observe what he tunes into on TV. The programs he watches on TV will help you figure him out because while he is absorbed in TV, he does not have his guard up or act defensively. Remember he covets that remote control like a scepter of power.
The TV Guide To His Personality and Communication Style:
Comedies: Your guy doesn’t take himself too seriously and will focus his attention on you – provided you understand the dynamics of gender humor. NEVER make fun of him! You can make fun of yourself like “Silly me” and he will melt! He loves to perceive the light-hearted side of life and will tickle you in all the right places. Your laughter in the bedroom turns him on. He might initiate with a pillow fight because he is so playful. Humor breaks his negativity even in the middle of a heated argument. more