Affirmation of the Week
Every positive statement you make
Weekly Wellness Radio Show
The Turn On your Inner Light Radio Show airs Tuesday evenings 7:00 to 7:30pm, on WGBB 1240AM in Long Island.
Guests of the Week - Marti Olsen Laney and Michael Laney
This week's show:
July 24, 2007 Show - Marti Olsen Laney, a psychotherapist and Michael Laney, a business consultant co-authors of The Introvert and Extrovert in Love. Learn about the inís and outís of relationships.
Last week's show:
July 17, 2007 Show - Jeff Bell co-anchor of KCBS news station in San Francisco and author of Rewind, Replay, Repeat: A Memoir of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Get inspired to take charge of your life by choosing to find your focus.
Click archives for directory of past shows.
Health Tips of the Week
- Taking a break in the middle of your workout may metabolize more fat than exercising without stopping, according to a recent study in Japan.
- Vitamin C offers little protection against colds
- Growth hormone injections appear to boost height in extremely short, healthy children, according to a recent review, but height gain appears to peak at about three inches ó and those inches are expensive. Also, there is no guarantee about improved life quality.
- Researchers isolated the active ingredient of curry - a natural substance found in turmeric root - that may help boost the immune system in clearing the plaques found in Alzheimerís disease.
- Healthy diet and exercise may help women survive breast cancer - but eating more than five daily servings of fruits and vegetables doesn't offer any extra benefit.
- Eating lots of sugary, starchy foods may make eyes more vulnerable to age-related macular degeneration. Go for the complex carbs that donít spike your insulin levels and eat more fruits and veggies while you are at it.
- For all you hikers, golfers and gardeners out there, climate changes has caused more poison ivy to sprout and it is more potent!
Article of the Week
Become More Assertive, No Buts About It
Has the word but been creeping into your statements? You might wonder whatís wrong with using this seemingly harmless coordinating conjunction? But contradicts what came before it, and signals to others that you are unsure of yourself and that you do not accept responsibility. But makes you come across as negative and conflicted. But interrupts otherís harmony and sets up conditions. I have never heard of a prayer beginning with but.
The words we choose create our reality and thatís why we should go for quality words when we speak to others and most importantly, in our own self-talk. Think back to the people who inspired you and made you feel like you could accomplish anything. What words did they use when speaking to you? more
- I would surely go, butÖ
- I take you for my wedded wife, but
- I would have done well on the test, but
- I am happy, butÖ
- I gained weight, but those holiday meals
- I would exercise, but Iím tired
Frank Mikulka's Fitness Tip Of The Week
Common Fitness Myths and Facts
Debbie and Frank converse about some common fitness myths and facts.